Saturday 13 December 2014

The Inevitable


We humans seem to have plenty of time to think. Did I do the right think? Is he worthy enough for my trust? Does he/she like me? These are some of the questions we ask ourselves every day. But what about death? Do we think about it?
      
     Though we know the meaning of death, we lead our lives as if it will never happen to us. When it does come to us, we then realize that we made a
big mistake. We realize the importance of little things in Life. We begin to see the significance of everyday in our lives. We understand the meaning of Life: to fulfill our personal legend, the task which the Creator assigned to us to complete.
But since Death requires no invitation, we are forced to surrender to it. We say “You took me by surprise. I still had a lot of things to do in my Life?” Death replies” I exist because Life exists. Though you cannot decide the time of my arrival, you still can change your actions.”
     
      The Creator knew that every soul deserves rest. He called this period of rest ‘Death’. He gives this to every living soul accordingly. Some people fulfill their personal legend earlier than others and so receive Death soon. Others get a longer Life either since they are given the chance to fulfill their personal legend or to repent for the mistakes they committed.
     
      May sound weird, but there are some people among us who are dead even though they are very much alive (no, I’m not talking about ghosts). Though they may not look like zombies, their view of Life is exactly the same as that of the former (although they don’t go around saying “I’ll pay for your brains): not to ‘live’, but to ‘survive’ Life.  They are afraid to make mistakes, to try something new. Allow me to introduce to you, the most common species here on Earth: the living dead (not literally, in their appearance).
     
      Death is, after all, ‘the’ inevitable. It is the final destination of our journey called Life. So, go ahead; enjoy life. Do so to, as I put it, avoid dying while you are very much alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment